Tuesday 31 May 2016

30 Days Wild. Day 1

So I'm participating in the Wildlife Trust 30 Days Wild initiative and will (finally) use my Blog page to post my Wildlife findings.
I live in a tiny village in an AONB and am surrounded by the beautiful undulating countryside that inspired Alfred Tennyson for the first 28 years of his life and beyond. There are paths and bridlepaths at each corner of the village and the countryside, and my garden is teeming with wildlife.
I did manage to see one of our barn owls early this morning before it started raining again. Currently there are sparrows, dunnocks and chaffinches on my bird feeder. Its not a great day weatherwise for the great outdoors so I shall keep an eye on what passes my house! However here is a picture of one of the resident swans on a nearby lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment